Friday, April 23, 2010

Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Without Glasses

Thought that was an attention getter.........LOL 

Well, to update you on my status, I found a very old pair of glasses, that give me terrible headaches, but I'm wearing them long enough to do this post and then in a little while I'm heading to the craft room.  How I missed donating these to the Lions Club, when I donated about 12 other pair, is beyond me but I'm thankful I did. Made 5 trips to optical stores today to see if anyone had a frame that my lenses would fit in and nope, not one, so back to the optometrist to order another pair and send the lenses from the broken frame back to the lab to see if they can fit them into something else for a backup.  Do you all have any idea how much glasses cost now?????  Talk about sticker shock. The frames were only 10 years old....LOL  By the time all was said and done, trifocals, veriflux ultra (so they aren't so heavy and thick) transitions added so I only had to have one pair, and the frames were only $100 but the total was over $600. 
There go my craft purchases for awhile........."sobs"

Geez, I had no idea how much I missed doing challenges and trying to keep in touch with all of you.  I am so thankful for such wonderful followers and encouraging comments from all of you. 
Thank you for bearing with me during this time. It's nice to know you are missed.

On a more positive side, I'm headed to the craft room to see if I can't create something really special that you all will enjoy.  Here is a picture of what else we are in the midst of doing..kitchen renovation
I'll share the after with you when it's done.  Talk about a mess!!! LOL

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to have another post in just a few hours.
"Hugs" Granny

5 comments:

Stef H said...

my hubby got glasses for the 1st time in his life and he was very stern about getting "not frames" and light weight. do i need to tell you how much THAT was????? 1/2 our pension - lol! and now we got a letter from the optomertrist telling us both it's time for our eye exams. yeah, like i'm running! lol.

you're renovation will be gorgeous when it's done and can't wait to see it.

hang in there, girlfriend.

craftieodmae said...

Can't wait to see the kitchen when you finish! At least you have glasses coming, let's be thankful for that, and yes now days you just about have to give em a leg and 2 arms LOL

Rufus said...

Oh my stars and bars (as my granny might have said)! You poor thing! I knew about the glasses problem, but had no idea you were in the middle of a kitchen renovation at the same time! It's a wonder you haven't pulled out all your hair! One or the other is bad enough, but both??? Oh yes glasses cost the earth these days. DH's are those sort of numbers, too. Hang in there!
R/

Rach said...

Glad to hear that you will have some new specs on their way to you soon, even though they cost the earth....:(
i bet that your kitchen will look wonderful once it is complete.
I just wanted to pop over to thank you for entering my candy and to wish you luck.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

How awful to be without glasses - I am as blind as bat without mine so I know how you must be feeling (I only take mine off for photos, and before I go to bed)!! Hope you are now sorted.
I did a "double take" when I saw your kitchen - it looks just like mine, even down to the microwave stuck in the middle of the worktop)!!!!
Have fun - love and Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx