Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Just Ducky" Lazing Around

EDITED:  I've been asked by so many of you how to make the flowers.  Well, I had to go back through a lot of blogs to find the tutorial and it was created by Selma at Selma's Stamping Corner.
Here is a link to her tutorial. 
Thanks Selma for the great inspiration!

Drue Cabral, DT member at There's Magic In The Air/Paper Cupcakes challenges us this week to use some type of sewing on our project. This was my  first time sewing on one of my cards cause I was always afraid it would ruin my sewing machine, but trust me, if you haven't sewed on one of your cards yet, it won't hurt your machine and didn't even dull my needle.....you can barely see the yellow thread though.

This new image "Just Ducky" by Nina is soooooooo cute and if you'd like to have it, all you need to do is play along with us this week or visit the Paper Cupcakes store.  You must use an acquired image from Paper Cupcakes or the freebie from the challenge blog to be eligible to win.

Now hop on over to PCC to see the fantastic projects created by the Design Team.
This week the winner will be able to chose the image they want from the PCC store.
Don't forget to join us for the first TMIA/PCC blog hop coming August 11, 2010

My posts have been way too long lately, so to shorten them, I'm going to start leaving out the recipe.  If you would like to have it, please indicate that and be sure to leave me either your email or blog url in the comment section and I will be more than happy to share.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and I hope you take the time to leave me a comment so I can come over to visit you.  Have a fantastic week and be sure to join the challenge this week at PCC.
"Hugs" Granny (Carol)

12 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous card Carol - the gorgeous papers and flowers are perfect with that cute little birdie! Love the vibrant colours too.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

craftieodmae said...

this is so cute! I love the flowers too!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

How sweet is this.... so adorable! Love those flowers!

Nilla said...

Gorgeous card, love the strong colors and the flowers, wow! Hugs Nilla x

Dru said...

Wow this is adorable and stunning - all those vibrant colors and the yellow flowers!!

Patti P. said...

This is so beautiful...love the "icing" on your cupcake and the extras...dp,flowers and sewing is perfect. So glad you are guesting this month.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable Carol! I really love the colors and I definitely dig the sewing on your card. Love it!

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so pretty......I love it....I would love to know- did you make your flowers?
tfs....

Stef H said...

oh now this is really cool! and lovely! i don't own a sewing machine and i wouldn't want one. they like to fight with me for some reason. can u believe that??? fight with ME????? sheesh!

thank you so much for your condolences. we are looking to get away even if it is for a sad reason!


hugs :)

Cindy N. said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog.

Gloria Westerman said...

Ok....now I've got to know how to made your flowers.....I love them.....please....please....tell me how.....you can email me at
gw0109@gmail.com

Selma said...

I love this card Carol. It is so bright and beautiful. Of course I always love Nina's digi images. Your coloring is great -- really love your card. Your flowers are gorgeous. Aren't they fun to make. Thanks for the link back to my tutorial.