Thursday, September 1, 2011

Got Year Old Christmas Stash??


Here it is already the first of September and it's only a little over 3 months before Christmas.  Scary huh?  Got some cards ready to mail or working on your Christmas letter?  I'm frantically working on mine because last year I didn't send out one card or my Christmas letter.  The challenge this month at Christmas Cards All Year Round is easy peasy.  Just dig out last years Christmas papers, stamps and join us for a fun challenge.  If you don't get all five cards done, that's no problem, at least you will be started on your cards and that will leave you a lot more time to shop, wrap presents, bake, and spend quality time with family as the holiday gets even closer.

Sept Challenge:
This is a stash challenge and the only "rule" is that anything you use on your cards needs to be at least a year old - stamps, papers, embellishments: everything!

Card Deets:
  • Jingle Bells Stampendous Stamp - 2007   Unused - Forgot I had it.....lol
  • Holograph Jingle Bells Chain - Another forgotten item
  • Spellbinder's Classic Large Rectangle
  • DP: SU Navy - Craft Creations Christmas Words Blue/Grey - CM Silver Metallic (no longer available)
Not much else to tell ya, pretty plain, simple, and quick to make.  Wish I had more of the Jingle Bell chain and silver paper so I could make some more......

I'm so thankful to be on the CCAYR team because it is motivating me to get my cards done this year.  You can see all of the amazing DT cards just by clicking on this link and heading on over to the CCAYR Challenge Blog.  I'll be posting weekly with the hopes that you will be inspired to get started and join us at CCAYR.  In fact, I'm scheduling all my posts now so please check back to see what's new or hop on over to the blog to see all the entries.

Thanks so very much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon. If you have the time to leave me a comment I'll be sure to hop on over to visit.
"Love & Hugs" Carol

17 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Brilliant Carol! What a good start to Christmas too. Judy x

Ciska said...

I really like the bell train Carol, real cute!

Tamara Morton said...

Fabbie card Carol, What a great card to start off the Christmas line 2011
Hugs
Tamara

cheryl said...

oh just brilliant as always hun,what a super way to start of,christmas hugs cherylx

Patti P. said...

Great card, and what a fun challenge this month....I have lots of older Christmas stuff, will try and play along.

craftieodmae said...

Craftie aren't we,,,, this is awesome!!! But can't we keep summer a little longer.......I don't like the cold!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this card, Carol. Pretty plain but so festive and joyful.
Great job.
Amelia x

The Other Patti Sue said...

Your cards are always so amazing! Who doesn't have a huge stash to pick from? I know I do!

Gail said...

Just LOVE the Jingle Bells!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Carol!! Love the line of bells!!
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

G'day Carol,
It seems these days that I only catch up with you when you post one of your amazing cars. Yep! I still stalk you as you always come up with very inspiring ideas. Your jingle bell card is not simple at all, it's brilliantly uncluttered. *Smiles* I'm please to hear that you have got a jump on the Christmas rush and I'll lookward to seeing your cards. I do like this challenge of using stuff in our stash that is over a year old. Great idea to make room for more stuff. *Laughs*...*Love and Friendship*

Anonymous said...

Carol, this card is so pretty with shimmer against the black background!! Awesome Christmas design girl!! Enjoy the weekend!! ;)

NanaConnie said...

Oooooh, Love this card! Great idea to use the Jingle Bells. Digging through my Christmas stash is no problem since I always go crazy at the after Christmas paper crafting sales! I have things in my stash that are two or more years old! I'm gonna start diggin'!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Carol, I love the sparkle & shine :)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Inkypinkydelights said...

Have a lovely Weekend Carol, Judy x

Teresa said...

Great card Carol, hope you are well, have a lovely weekend, hugs Teresa xx

Marion said...

Hi Carol,
This is brilliant. Love it.
hugs
Marion