Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Polka Dot Girl - Spots & Stripes

I've always thought Karen at Karen's Doodles (spots & stripes challenge) had the cutest children images along with many others so I decided to start using the ones I have.  Amazing how many digi's we collect and then they sit idle on our computers cause we get distracted easily, at least I do......lol  Nope, no New Year's resolutions by me cause I never seem able to keep them.  So, I've set some goals for this year, short term, cause life has a way of getting in the way sometimes.  I had planned to enter this into the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge but the link was closed, (sobs) another missed opportunity. 

I've had this DP for ages and apologize for not remembering where I got it.  The copper is left over from my grandsons wedding invitations 2 years ago.  What does that tell ya.....Yep, guess you could say I'm a paper hoarder.  Colored with Copics, added a doily, flower, and gems from my stash and a Cheery Lynn flourish die.  Lots of stickles so I hope you can see the glitter and the shine of the copper in the DP.

That's it from me today.  Hope your week is fantastic and blessed with hidden treasures and to see you back again soon.
"Love & Hugs" Carol (Granny)

ps. Yesterday we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and today in my 69th birthday so we are headed out dinner and then a party with the kids on Saturday. 
Oh my, I hope the next 25 don't go as fast as the last 25.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Well let go with your card frist
I like very much what you did
Very cute image you all way have very pretty image like them all
thank for showing them on your card

Now congraulation on your 25th
anniversary and hope you get to 50

and now HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to you and hope that you have a very good day and enjoy it
and have fun with your family this week-end
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
BIG HUGS

Patti P. said...

Carol, Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday. I hope your dinner out was good and I know you are looking forward to time with the kids on Saturday. I love your card and I am sorry you didn't get it in at SSW, the girls would have all loved this one. I adore those flourish dies and I too have always been a huge fan of Karen's. Hope you will try again soon.
hugs....

Chrissy said...

Oh! Carol, a very,very,Happy Birthday sweetie.. hope you have the best day ever...and congratulations on your wedding anniversary...AND...a gorgeous card..beautiful image and colouring, so adorable..yes I need to clean my digi space up on the PC..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Mary Lou said...

Fun Fun Fun Carol!!! A paper hoarder~~well dear you are not the only one LOL!!! Pretty dern cute image!!
Hey girlie happy anniversary---happy birthday---oh well happy everything :D
Love and blessings for many many more

Selma said...

Very cute card Carol. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary. I didn't know anyone else had all these things right after Christmas except me. We just had our 52nd wedding anniversary and I can't believe it was so long ago we got married! Time does fly.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Super adorable GF! Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary again! Hope your day was full of blessis!ng

A Consuming Passion said...

Your last couple of cards are just adorable Carol..........What am I saying.....they all are!
Such a pretty combination of images die cuts and dp. Really lovely! Happy Birthday....did I miss it? sorry
Happy New Year to you too!

NanaConnie said...

Happy birthday and anniversary, Carol! Love the card and your coloring is fantastic. How did you get the shiny dots on her dress? Is that paper piecing? Stickers? Whatever it is, it's incredible!

craftieodmae said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!!!! You go girl, your card is fantastic!!! Sorry you missed another one, it's their lose for closing it before you got there LOL

Pat said...

Love your card, the image is so cute and happy, great bp too.

Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary and very best wishes on your birthday Carol, hope you had a lovely dinner and enjoyed your day.

Pat xx

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Carole,love your colouring and design, the image is so beautiful.

Happy Birthday and congrats on the 25th Wedding Annivsary hope your celebrations are fantastic.
Hugs Linda

Carole said...

Happy Happy Birthday dear friend and a very Happy Anniversary! And yep, they will go by probably even quicker or at least they sure have in our home. Love the wonderful images on your cards too, they are adorable. Thanks so much for visiting me Carol and for your heartfelt words. Big, big hugs ... Carole

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card Carole!! I love the cute image and all the sparkle!!

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you had a great day!!

hugs,
Chris

Renkata said...

hi Carol,
Hope you are well and enjoying crafting.
I see you have made an amazing and joyful card with this cutie.
Love her dress.

Ginny said...

lovely, thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles :)

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh she's so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles this week:-)

Ginny said...

fab card, thanks for joining us at Karens Doodles :)