Wednesday, August 1, 2012

CCAYR August DT Card for a Child

Oh gee, Christmas is getting so close and yet so far away.  If you haven't started on your Christmas cards yet this would be a perfect time to create a special card for the children in your life or a themed project you know they will love.  Be sure you hop on over to CCAYR and see the wonderful inspiration by the rest of the team.

The DP is one I created on the computer using digital elements from Cool Scraps. When my desktop crashed I lost the folders and name of the designers but I did have the images backed up on an external drive. If you know who designed one of these digitals please let me know so I can give credit where due.  They are the Christmas tree, angel top, rocking horse, and train.  The Merry Christmas sentiment is from  my stash and the card base is CM Cranberry.

This adorable image, Candy Cane Oliver, is from our wonderful team leader, Tracey of  Platypus Creek Stamping & Craft and colored with the following Copics.
Skin:  E00, 30, 000, 0000 and R30;  Hair: E57, 55 53, 51;  Pants: E43, 42, 41, 40;  Shirt: G21. 20
Candy Cane: R39, 35.

I'm also entering this card in the following challenges:
Jingle Belles - Santa Baby
Stamp & Doodle - Christmas in July

The following prize this month is all of the four images below (not colored) kindly donated by Tracy.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.
"Love & Hugs" Carol (Granny)

19 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Carol, the tree looks so beautiful.Love the little image and colouring, so cute..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Carole and in such beautiful colours, love the design.
Hugs Linda

cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun this is one really gorgeous Christmas card just love the colours,and the detail is super hugs Cherylxxxx

Mary Lou said...

Wow how darling is this Carol!!! Beautiful Christmas Scene and OH YES christmas is Coming :)
Happy day to YOU!!!!

sue w. said...

Fab Christmas card Carol. Love the colours. It'll be here before we know it.
Hugs Sue W.

Unknown said...

Hi Carol,this is so cute,I know a couple of little boys in the family who this would be perfect for.Thank you for dropping by my blog,it was good of you to take the tIme ,your comment was very much appreciated.Take Care :)Jacqueline.S

Teresa Abajo said...

What a lovely warm Christmas scene you've created!

Linda Palmer said...

Darling card. I love the tree and the beautiful decorations. Beautiful coloring too! Great job on this wonderful card.

NanaConnie said...

Carol, This is so sweet. What an adorable little boy image! Love all the wonderful digi bits you used to make the scene. Gosh, it's so nice to be able to visit all my fav blogs again. I feel like the summer teaching job had me missing in action for years, not just a few weeks! LOL Good to be back.

Ciska said...

Just adorable Carol, love the great vintage feel of the scene :)

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card...great use of those digi images. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Your card is amazing Carol! Love the scene you created and the little boy is so cute. Have a wonderful day.
Amelia x

Carole said...

Wonderful to see you creating again. Love the card Carol and like you I can't believe Christmas is just around the corner. Big Hugs...Carole

Elise said...

Oh gosh, this is gorgeous! Love the little scenery you've made!

Hugs,
Elise

Gail said...

Great card!
Wish I could help you with the images, they're wonderful!

Inkypinkydelights said...

Love your card Carol. How on earth did I miss this one! Thanks for stopping my my Blog too. I knew you would love the Sylvia Zet images as much as I do Judy x

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, you make such pretty things! And I love the little elves!

Janice said...

A lovely sweet card, Jx

Plastic Card said...

This is so nice. I really appreciate this. So beautifully designed with nice color. Thanks for sharing.