Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Gingerbread Love


May Day has arrived and what a beautiful day it is going to be!  Our challenge at Christmas Cards All Year Round is a recipe of 3 buttons, gingerbread men/women, and ribbon..  I've had this image colored for a year or two and was going to touch it up but afraid I'd mess it up......LOL  I THINK I got this stamp from Bell's'N Whistles but am not sure since I don't really keep track of where I got them, just the artist.

Oops, my buttons are not showing up under the snowflakes but you should be able to see them in this photo.  See those little green buttons and the other dimensions along with a sneak peek at the inside.

Gingerbread Love stamp by Elisabeth Bell
Stickles
Paper Doily
MS Snowflake Punch
Sno-Tex
Colored with Copics
2 Gingerbread cookies cut from K & Company DP.. My mid-month card will have the Gingerbread DP from which I cut these two gingerbread characters.

Be sure to stop by the CCAYR Challenge Blog and see all those wonderful and inspirational creations by the fantastic team.  We look forward to seeing your card for this challenge.  You have until May 30 to post your entry.

Challenges:
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.
"Love & Hugs" Carol (Granny)

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR MY ELPHINE HOUSE DT CARD

18 comments:

craftieodmae said...

what a beauty, TFS!

Chrissy said...

So very cute Carol,gorgeous image and colouring, love the thick blanket of snow and beautiful sparkly snowflakes.

Luv CHRISSYxx

stitch-and-greet said...

Hi Carol! OMG, I had never seen this sweet EB image before. It´s so beautifully colored! And I must confess: I would NEVER bite into such a cute gingerbread couple *LOL*. Fab card - and I´m also excited about your "May Flower Power" card! It´s gorgeous! Hugs Renata
Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I really appreciate your kind words.

Heather said...

This is beautiful! But I don't think I would be as happy as the little gingerbreadmen look if I was going to be eaten! The image is beautifully colored, so I'm glad you decided to leave it alone. And a fun touch with the snowflakes ON top of the buttons. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Carol! Love the sweet image! Your coloring and design are wonderful!

sue w. said...

Hi Carol, love your card, the image is such a cutie. Love the gingerbread men. Least your buttons are on hunnie, I completely forgot to stick one of them on and didn't notice till I'd posted it!!
Hope you're well.
Hugs Sue W.

Patti P. said...

Hey Carol, long time no visit, hope you are well. I love this card, you shame me as I had best intentions to have more Christmas cards made by now.
hugs....

NanaConnie said...

This is superb, Carol! Love that image and the way you used the buttons to add dimension to the snowflakes. I'm doing Christmas, too (so proud of myself for being ahead of the game this year!), and will have one posted tomorrow.

Fabiola said...

thanks to play with us at CSAYL, your card is so lovely and nice, love it, hope to see you next week, biz

Jenny said...

Das ist ja ein bezauberndes Motiv. Deine Karte ist toll geworden.
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei CSAYL. Liebe Grüße Jenny

Pat said...

Super card Carol, lovely image and great colours.

Pat xx

Carole said...

Carol your cards are always so adorable and this one is just so darn precious. You did an awesome job my friend. Have a wonderful Sunday. Hugs, Carole xox

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh Carol I love this, great image and layout and lovely details. Hope your weekend is going well. Judy x

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful Carol! I love the image and the wonderful layout and colouring. All your detailing is so beautiful.Hope you and Conley are doing well. Winter is with us now - day temps are in mid 20 degree Celsius but drop below 10 degree during the night.
Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Amelia x

Sandy Trefger said...

Love this card Carol! The image is great with the cute Gingerbread cookies!
~sandy
visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

Linda Palmer said...

Carol, this is an awesome card. Love Elizabeth Bell images and your gorgeous coloring makes this one perfect card.

Unknown said...

Hi Carol,hope you are well,this is wonderful.I love the image and the gingerbread men are so adorable.Love this.Jacqueline.S

Gail said...

This is wonderful!
I hurried to get my CCAYR cards done........screwed up........
I'm sure it'll be a blog post in the near future!